The Department of Agriculture at the Faculty of Agricultural and Food Sciences at the American University of Beirut (AUB) invites outstanding candidates to apply for the full-time faculty position in Agroecology / Soil / Water Sciences at the level of Assistant Professor or higher. The target date for starting the appointment is August 15, 2018. The position is a full-time, nine-month, non-tenure-track position. Appointments are for an initial period of four years.
The Department of Agriculture (AGRI) is a recognized center of academic excellence in learning, discovery, application and dissemination of knowledge and technology on agricultural aspects of current and emerging issues related to local, regional, and global food issues. Our faculty members lead the nation in cutting edge research on animal and poultry science, agricultural economics, soil and irrigation, plant production and health and provide outstanding training and outreach activities. Our students enjoy a multidisciplinary education with experiential learning at the center of our teaching approach on campus and at the Advancing Research and Enabling Communities Center (AREC) in the Bekaa.
- Applicants should possess a Ph.D. in Agroecology / Soil / Water Sciences or related field
- Outstanding record in well-funded research
- Excellent teaching experience
- Good track in services and outreach
- Undergraduate and graduate teaching
- Advising and mentoring of MS students
- Attracting funds and conducting research under the Department’s broad theme of "Adaption of food systems to climate variability in arid and semi-arid regions"
- The selected candidate will contribute to the Department’s drive to revise the Agricultural curriculum and seek ABET accreditation
- The incumbent will work as part of an inter-disciplinary team to improve the agricultural facilities and services at AUB main campus as well as at the Faculty’s Advancing Research and Enabling Communities (AREC), in the Bekaa region of Lebanon. The successful candidate is expected to spend at least 50% of his/her time at AREC conducting research, engagement and/or teaching activities.
The American University of Beirut is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The home page is available at http://www.aub.edu.lb.
- Educational allowance
- Health Insurance Plan
- Retirement program
- Home leave travel
- Periodic paid research leave
- Life insurance
- Travel and baggage allowance
Applicants should submit a complete curriculum vita with a list of relevant professional academic degrees and experiences, and names and addresses of three professional references to the Dean of Faculty of Agricultural and Food Sciences, American University of Beirut, at the following email address: email@example.com. Letters of reference must not accompany the application. Applicants should ask the referees to send their letters directly to the office of the Dean: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.