Lecturer/ Senior Lecturer in Farm Management Economics
FACULTY OF BUSINESS AND ECONOMICS,
School of Agriculture & Food Technology – WBA005
Build a legacy with us!
The USP is one of two regional universities in the world and is the leading tertiary education provider and research facility in the South Pacific. We are supported by 12 Pacific Island Countries; Cook Islands, Fiji, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, Niue, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu and Vanuatu.
The School of Agriculture and Food Technology (SAFT) currently has two broad academic disciplines, namely Applied Sciences and Agribusiness. The SAFT is situated at the Alafua Campus of the University of the South Pacific in Apia, Samoa and aims to assist in meeting the agricultural and related needs and improving the welfare and livelihood of the communities of the USP member countries by providing agricultural education, developing and adapting new technologies and disseminating information throughout the region.
The University is seeking an experienced and dynamic scholar for the above post located at the Alafua Campus in Samoa. The prospective application will have a major responsibility for leadership in research and teaching. She/he will teach graduate and undergraduate courses in Agribusiness and Agricultural Statistics, both on campus and by distance modes. The appointee will also be required to supervise Postgraduate students at Masters and PhD level in the area of Agricultural Economics. As an individual or with other scientists, the appointee will have the opportunity to conduct and coordinate research on Agricultural Economics and other related areas. The USP also encourages the development of its academics by offering incentives for research and conference leave.
The Person We Seek
To be considered for this position, applicants must have:
- A PhD in Farm Management Economics or related field with a good Master’s degree in Agriculture;
- Good relevant teaching experience at undergraduate/post graduate levels;
- A good record of internationally recognised research and publications;
- The experience and ability to conduct research in Agricultural Economics in tropical countries; good written and oral communication skills;
- Experience in tertiary teaching through distance modes.
- For appointment at the Senior Lecturer level you must have a strong record of published research in top-tier journals and books with either a formal tertiary teaching qualification or significant tertiary teaching experience.
Preference will be given to applicants with:
- Experience in conducting advanced research in Agricultural Economics;
- Experience in post-graduate student supervision;
- Experience of obtaining external funding for research projects.
The position is available for a term of 5 years and may be renewed by mutual agreement.
Salary Range: Lecturer WST $101, 117 to WST $133, 048 per annum
Senior Lecturer WST $137, 180 to WST $158, 285 per annum
In addition to the above benefits, the University contributes 10% of basic salary to an approved superannuation scheme, provides airfare and relocation costs where appropriate.
Enquiries: Mr. Mohammed Umar; tel.: (685) 21671 ext. 204; Fax: (685) 22347; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 15 July 2018
How to Apply
Candidates may use the University’s online E-Recruitment system to view full details and apply for this position at https://www.usprecruits.usp.ac.fj Manual and emailed applications are no longer accepted. Candidates may request further information from the Human Resources Office; tel.: (679) 32 32072; email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also include the following documents in your application: Cover letter and Resume clearly addressing key Selection Criteria, academic transcript and names of three referees, one of which must be your current or most recent direct work supervisor.