UPES is hiring for Associate Professor – Precision Farming in School of Smart Agriculture!
- Secured PhD in Agriculture from a recognized University with professional research experience demonstrated through high quality publications etc.
– Strong experience with exceptional record of accomplishment in teaching and research in Precision Farming using IOT, AI, ML etc. in Agriculture.
- Experience of working with world’s top 500* universities will be preferred.
- Grants for research projects being sponsored by international bodies.
- Books and chapters in edited volumes / books published, and papers in international conference/ journals.
- Experience bringing functional MoUs with institutions of international importance, other international universities, industries, corporate houses etc.
- Creating opportunities and driving student exchange programs.
1. Contribute to the enrichment of quality of education at University by integrating International experience and exposure into the pedagogy.
2. Suggest new policies, procedures etc. for improving academic rigor.
3. Teach Theory & Lab courses, including development of new Labs, as assigned by the Head of the Department/ Dean of the respective School.
4. Develop learner-centric and outcome-based course material.
5. Provide global exposure and new ways of experiential learning to our students.
6. Supervise student projects and dissertations/theses at UG, PG and Doctoral levels (based on expertise) help them prepare reports, review articles, write research papers etc.
7. Explore national/international funding opportunities for activities related to research and development.
8. Uphold the importance of International mobility by supporting and engaging in activities related to international internship/exchange for both students and faculty members.
9. Organize/ support in organizing national and International workshops, seminars, short-term course and conferences.
10. Obtain national and international consultancy projects through industry interaction.
11. Help as when required in:
a. Honing students’ skills for their holistic development and making them industry ready.
b. Encouraging and preparing students for international placements.
c. Suggesting solutions to students in matters related to academics and career through counselling. d. Adding value to the planning and execution of co-curricular activities by motivating students.
12. Any other duties/responsibilities assigned by the management from time to time
*based on QS, Times higher Education and Shanghai Ranking.