The Department of Animal Sciences at Auburn University seeks a fixed-term visiting assistant, associate, or full professor or instructor of Animal Sciences. The start date will be August 1, 2019. The department will consider new Ph.D.‘s, from all but dissertations (ABD) to more senior faculty seeking a sabbatical home.
Responsibilities: The successful candidate will teach 2 to 3 semester-length courses filling department needs and matching the department needs in Animal Breeding, Beef Production Systems, Genomics and/or Metabolism. The final number and type of courses will be determined in negotiation between the successful candidate and the Head of the Department. The successful candidate may also be expected to engage in independent and/or scholarly work with the department’s research faculty.
● For the Visiting instructor, completion of the M.S. degree is essential and we particularly seek Ph.D. candidates ABD in Animal Sciences or related discipline
● For theVisiting Professor of any rank, a PhD is required in Animal Sciences or related discipline
● Minimum qualifications must be met by the time employment begins
●All candidates must have excellent interpersonal skills and must be able to meet eligibility requirements for work in the United States at the time this position is scheduled to begin and continue working legally for the proposed term of employment.
Special instructions to applicants:
● Applicants should apply online at: http://aufacultypositions.peopleadmin.com/postings/3630
●Interested applicants should submit
- Cover letter that includes teaching interests and preparation;
- Curriculum Vita;
- Names, telephone numbers and email addresses of 3 professional references.
- Any evidence of teaching effectiveness such as student evaluations are optional and can be submitted under "other documentation".
Only complete applications will be considered. Review of applications will begin after July 15, 2019. A departmental committee will conduct web-based interviews of short-listed candidates. Graduate transcripts will be required for short-listed candidates. Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. Questions about this position should be directed to: Dr. L. Wayne Greene, Department Head, Department of Animal Sciences email: email@example.com.
(334) 844-1523 office and (334) 703-5127 cell.