Search for University Jobs in Agriculture
Adjunct Faculty, Agronomy/Crop Science/Soil Science (Non-Tenure Track)
Alcorn State University
The incumbent will teach courses on crop production, agronomic practices, research techniques and Soil Science.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge and experience testing samples for nutritional deficiencies, diseases, or other changes
- Knowledge of and experience using statistical, geographical information systems, and Map Window
- Demonstrates integrity
- Excellent communication skills, verbal, written and interpersonal
- Strong time management skills
- Passion for teaching and engaging with students
- Ability to work well with colleagues and foster a collegial environment conducive to teamwork and student’s high level of learning
Essential Job Functions
- Conducts a requisite number of classes; teaches assigned subjects
- Provides guidance and supervision to students
- Creates and maintains an environment conducive to excellence in teaching, learning and research
- Preparation and formulation of curricula focused on his/her subject(s)
- Participates in departmental meetings and hold scheduled office hours
- Maintains equipment in the laboratory, makes arrangements for laboratory practical sessions, and provides materials to students
- Provides academic support to other faculty members
PhD in agronomy, Crop Science, Soils, precision agriculture or other related discipline
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |