Search for University Jobs in Agriculture
Adjunct Associate Professor, Agriculture Production
San Joaquin Delta Community College District
Under the general supervision of the Division Dean of Agriculture, Science and Mathematics, the Adjunct Associate Professor of Agricultural Production teaches organized classes primarily in the Agriculture Production discipline(s); the primary responsibility is to teach up to 10 units (part-time) in the assigned discipline.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Duties and responsibilities may include, but not limited to the following:
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS (BOTH POSITIONS):
- Instruct courses in Agricultural Production in accordance with credit course outlines approved by the Board of Trustees.
- Maintain expertise in current teaching methods, discipline knowledge, and discipline specific technologies.
- Assist students in achieving stated course objectives. Evaluate the progress of each student and notify students in need of counseling services and/or tutorial assistance. Track student learning outcomes and maintain records of student learning outcomes.
- Participate in the departmental process of curriculum review, modification, and the assessment of student learning outcomes in order to make the program successful.
- Support the Division Dean in cooperating with campus and community groups to provide programs, courses, and information relevant to the needs of the students and various programs.
- Coordinate with other faculty in the selection of textbooks, audiovisual and other instructional materials.
- Complete various reporting procedures as required for student evaluation, course reporting and budget development.
- Assist the Division Dean in the preparation of required reports by providing requested information.
- Attend various departmental, divisional and campus-wide activities and events as required.
- Plan and complete approved professional development flex activities each semester.
- Perform other necessary duties as assigned by the Division Dean and as outlined in Board Policy.
- Conduct related laboratory instruction, including safe handling of materials and equipment.
- Support and promote student participation in livestock events.
- Attend industry-related meetings, workshops, and job sites to remain current with new developments in the agricultural technology field. Support and participate with local high school agriculture and FFA programs.
- Support the Delta Agriculture and National Resources Foundation. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Any Bachelor's degree or higher and two years of professional experience, or any Associate degree and six years of professional experience.
- Sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
SPECIFIC DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS:
Microbiology/General Biology Position:
- Demonstrated commitment to student learning and demonstrated commitment to promoting the success of all students in an open-access learning environment.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to and ability to motivate and teach community college students of diverse ethnic backgrounds, cultures, preparation, learning styles and/or disabilities.
- Demonstrated interest and exemplary teaching experience in biological sciences (major and non-major), including both large lecture and laboratory instruction.
- Expertise in the use of computers for teaching and management of online course information. Familiarity and ability to teach in a distance learning environment.
- Ability to teach in a technologically rich environment.
- Willingness to work non-traditional hours to meet the needs of our diverse student population
- Commitment to professional growth and development, to innovation and improvement of teaching, and to assuming faculty responsibilities beyond the classroom in a shared governance environment.
- Bachelor's degree in agriculture science, education, or other agriculture area, and two years of professional experience.
- Experience in teaching postsecondary courses in Agricultural Production/Animal Science.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt teaching strategies and techniques to different levels of students' ability and learning styles.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt teaching strategies and techniques to students from different cultures and ethnic groups.
- Demonstrated ability to use innovative and creative teaching techniques and equipment, including the use of multimedia hardware and software and outline instructional techniques.
- Demonstrated leadership in developing curriculum for discipline specific courses and/or programs
- Demonstrated leadership, ability, and desire to stay current in the field.
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to work with businesses and industry in order to coordinate the educational program with the needs of the community.
- Interest in or knowledge of teaching online and other distance education courses.
- Master's Degree in animal science.
- Demonstrated experience in the livestock industry.
- Demonstrated successful agriculture teaching experience at the post-secondary level.
- Demonstrated utilization of innovative methods and adaptability to change in order to meet the rapidly changing technology in agriculture.
- Maintain active membership in the California Agriculture Teachers Association.
- Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 51.91
- Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 79.07
Stockton, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://deltacollege.referrals.selectminds.com
The San Joaquin Delta Community College District provides access to its education programs and activities and makes all employment decisions without regard to national origin, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race or ethnicity, color, medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected category. The Districts prohibition against sex and gender discrimination includes sexual harassment and sexual violence.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |