PLEASE APPLY at: https://careers.uvi.edu/postings/4088
The University of the Virgin Islands Agriculture Programs is seeking candidates for appointment to the teaching faculty at an Assistant or Associate Professor level with the opportunity for research and extension responsibilities in the third year of appointment. This is a 10 month tenure-track appointment that will focus on applied animal science, production, and husbandry and the candidate is expected to teach a wide variety of courses in these areas. The research and extension responsibilities will create the opportunity to work with various internal and external stakeholder groups of the Agriculture Programs. The University of the Virgin Islands is a land-grant institution with well-established Agricultural Experiment Station (AES) and Cooperative Extension Service (CES). The Agriculture academic program is new and emerging, and thus we are seeking engaged, innovative, and student-centered faculty to assist in building this program.
1. A Ph.D. in animal science from an accredited college or university.
2. One (1) to two (2) years of teaching experience for Assistant Professor and two (2) to six (6) years for Associate Professor.
3. Experience in advisement and mentoring of students.
4. Experience working with diverse students especially minorities and first-generation college students.
5. Ability to work both independently and as well as a team member.
6. Ability to build partnership and collaboration for teaching, research, and extension work.
7. Potential to generate external funding.
8. Engagement with professional organizations.
9. Excellent in oral and written communication skills with diverse faculty, staff, and students.
10. Knowledge of tropical/Caribbean agriculture.
Advertised Job Duties
1. Develop and teach undergraduate, associate, and certificate courses.
2. Deliver instruction in face-to-face, blended, and online formats.
3. Advise and mentor agricultural science students.
4. Engage in the agricultural science programs promotions and student recruitment activities.
5. Serve on Agriculture Programs and University Committees.
6. Write, submit, and manage secured grants.
7. Engage in scholarship and publications.
8. Interact and engage with internal and external stakeholders of the institution and Agriculture Programs.
9. Work on other assigned duties.
Special Instructions to Applicant:
Email is the preferred method of communicating with applicants at the University of Virgin Islands. You will be required to supply your email address during the application process.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT (ADA) ACCOMMODATION:
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, anyone who needs an ADA accommodation for the purposes of employment should contact the Human Resources Office at (340)693-1410.
For information about relocating to the US Virgin Islands, please visit the Virgin Islands Moving Center at: www.vimovingcenter.com
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $53,575.00 – $92,131.00 per year