The Department of Nutrition, Dietetics, and Food Science at Brigham Young University invites applications for a full-time, continuing-status track faculty position at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor. Applicants must have an earned PhD in Food Science or a related field, or an equivalent doctoral degree.
- Minimum of earned doctoral degree in Food Science or a related field, or an equivalent doctoral degree
- Evidence of ability to teach and conduct primary research in the area of Food Science/Food Microbiology
- Teaching experience at the college/university level or relevant food industry experience desired
- For consideration at the Associate level, applicants must meet university standards for appointment to the rank, and where applicable, a record of publications in peer-reviewed journals, demonstrated success as an instructor, and a history of successful grantsmanship
- Teach undergraduate and graduate courses
- Advise graduate students
- Maintain a productive research program
- Serve on Department, College, and University committees, as appointed
- Be an active participant in national/international professional organizations and activities
- Complete an online application found at: https://yjobs.byu.edu
- Send a letter of interest and curriculum vitae to Dr. Oscar Pike, search committee chair, at email@example.com.
- Screening of candidates begins immediately. Applications will be accepted through December 31, 2021. The successful candidate may begin employment as early as May 2022 (assuming the hiring process is completed by that time), but no later than August 20, 2022