With Québec's leadership in the training of highly qualified professionals in the field of animal sciences, the Department of Animal Sciences at Université Laval is an international partner in the development and transmission of new knowledge and maintains a close relationship with the various stakeholders in the agri-food sector to meet the specific needs of animal production.
The Department of Animal Sciences has more than 20 faculty members working in a variety of scientific areas related to animal production. The teaching staff contributes to the training of more than 400 undergraduate students in agriculture and about 75 graduate students.
- Teach and supervise students at the undergraduate and graduate levels;
- Teach in French at the undergraduate and graduate levels;
- Develop a research program in modeling sustainable animal production systems;
- Assume equitable participation in the educational and administrative activities of the Department and the Faculty;
- Participate in external activities to represent and contribute to the influence of the Faculty and the University.
- Must hold a Ph.D. or be on the verge of obtaining it (defended thesis project) in Animal Science, with expertise in modeling sustainable animal production systems;
- Must hold knowledge or experience to teach courses at the undergraduate and graduate levels in modeling sustainable animal production systems;
- Must demonstrate excellent aptitudes for communication, as well as a genuine interest in teaching;
- Must demonstrate a strong interest in research with grant support or peer-reviewed publications in the field;
- Ability to teach in French* or to agree to do so after an integration period of one year;
- Interest in multidisciplinary team working.
*Courses at Université Laval are taught in French. The position is open to Anglophone and Allophone candidates, however, with the understanding that a functional command of French must be achieved by the end of an integration period of one year.
This is a tenure-track position. Faculty status (academic rank) and salary shall be established based upon the following considerations:
- Status (rank) based on experience.
- Salary according to the collective agreement in force.
Applications must be received no later than June 19th
, 2022. The university reserves the right to receive applications beyond this date until the position has been fulfilled.
Position starting date: Januray 4th
Interested candidates are asked to submit their application in the form of a single file including a motivation letter, qualifications in relation to the position and a detailed curriculum vitae. Three reference letters should be sent directly by the signatories. The complete application file and references must be sent to the following address:
François Richard, Department Head
Département des sciences animales
Pavillon Paul-Comtois, room 4131A
2425, rue de l'Agriculture
Québec (Québec) G1V 0A6
Additional information on the Animal Sciences Department is provided on the following website: https://www.fsaa.ulaval.ca/faculte/departements-et-ecole/sciences-animales/