3670010110 Plant Pathology
Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Term)
Administrative / Professional, Agriculture, Office / Clerical, Student Affairs / Services, Plant Sciences
About This Role:
The Department of Plant Pathology's Wheat Genetic Resource Center is seeking a full-time Project Coordinator to support projects in wheat genetics, breeding and wheat-pathogen interaction. The Wheat Genetic Resource Center is involved in multiple projects funded by federal agencies and private foundations and this position will be pivotal in their coordination and overall success.
The Project Coordinator will:
- Monitor and coordinate the initiation, progress, and completion of specific project tasks and objectives
- Schedule and organize project meetings with participating teams and collaborators
- Compile meeting summaries and progress reports from participating teams
- Contribute to the preparation of materials and reports related to project activities for social media, granting agencies and stakeholders
- Oversee and coordinate germplasm, sample and data exchange between participating partners including preparation of samples and germplasm for shipment
- Obtain necessary shipping permits for samples
- Monitor and coordinate deposition of project outputs to publicly accessible data, material and germplasm repository
- Coordinate preparation of material transfer agreements for distribution of project outputs to other parties
- Maintain inventory of supplies and equipment and coordinate repairs or replacements
- Manage personnel and graduate student recruitment efforts and post-hiring training
- Support personnel introduction and integration into project activities
- Maintain records of personnel training to comply with policies and requirements of federal agencies and the university
For details about the position please contact Eduard Akhunov
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the Principles of Community.
What You'll Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor's degree -OR- an educational equivalency as determined by hiring manager
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- M.S. degree in Agronomy, Agricultural Economics, Genetics, Biology or other related fields.
- Highly organized, efficient and detail-oriented
- Flexible and adaptable to changing, fast-paced environment
- Resourceful and adept problem-solver
- Understanding of program administration and project coordination
- Ability to work collaboratively in a dynamic, multicultural setting
- Ability to work on complex, multifaceted projects
How to Apply:
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
Please submit the following documents:
Screening of Applications Begins:
- Cover letter
- Contact information for three professional references
Immediately and continues until position is filled. For best consideration, apply by April 10, 2022 and will continue until position is filled.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$40,000 - $52,000 ($19.23 - $25.00 per hour)
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Mar 22, 2022
Open until filled
To apply, visit https://careers.k-state.edu/cw/en-us/job/512608/programproject-coordinator