Search for University Jobs in Agriculture
Dean, College of Agriculture & Veterinary Medicine
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU) invites applicants for the position of Dean of the College of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine. Reporting to the Provost, the Dean of the College of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine will provide strategic and operational leadership to a high-profile College that has established successful partnerships with many of its programs being internationally accredited. The new Dean will build on the popularity and success of the College, driving improvement to the College’s teaching, academic program, research outputs and engagement with government and industry partners. The Dean will establish an ambitious vision and will ensure that the quality of education, student experience and graduate employment opportunities are world-class.
The Dean will hire, lead, inspire and develop an outstanding faculty, supporting colleagues in the College to engage in research that can address regional challenges and contribute to developments in pedagogy; maintain close links with accrediting and review bodies; lead robust quality assurance processes in the College; ensure the financial feasibility of the College and its constituent programs; recruit ambitious students at undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral levels; oversee an increase in student numbers with a particular emphasis on postgraduate recruitment; and ensure students benefit from well-developed links with government that ensure taught programs and research are relevant and support market needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Efficiently and effectively manage the College and its educational and research programs.
- Oversee the development of goals, initiatives, and action plans in the College’s strategic planning, and ensure widespread engagement of the College’s faculty, staff, students, and other stakeholders in this process.
- Regularly report to the provost on progress towards achieving the College’s goals.
- Ensure continuous improvement in the College’s activities, through a systematic process of outcomes assessment and program review.
- Oversee and guide the recruitment, retention, continuing professional development, and promotion processes for faculty.
- Play a supportive and developmental role for Department Chairs and other senior administrators in the College.
- Ensure that the students have a high-quality learning environment – including access to academic and career advice, opportunities for participation in research and internship, and involvement in enriching co-curricular and extra-curricular activities.
- Provide leadership for innovation in teaching and learning across the College and ensure that the degree programs offered are appropriate, well-designed, and well taught.
- Provide leadership for the continued development, innovation, and quality of research in the College.
- Plan, develop and seek funding for facilities across the College, in line with the College’s strategic plan, changes in student number and profile, and the requirements of the College’s research activities.
- Provide the leadership and direction necessary for the College to engage productively with external stakeholders.
- Ensure that the decisions, policies, procedures, and guidelines adopted by the offices of the Chancellor, Vice Chancellor and Provost are followed within the College, and ensure that all laws and regulations complied with.
- Undertake any other duties that may be assigned by the provost.
Qualities, Skills and Values
- Ability to articulate a clear vision and direction for the College.
- Ability to communicate effectively with faculty, staff, students, colleagues, and external stakeholders.
- A record of promoting collaborations and cultivating strong external relationships.
- Knowledge of the business of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine colleges including administration, finances, accreditation and research.
- Ability to catalyze change and productively engage colleagues in innovation.
- Ability to achieve outcomes by teamwork and through appropriate delegation.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with excellent written and spoken English.
- Strong budgeting and fiscal management skills.
- Commitment to objective, evidence-based, ethical decision-making.
- Track record of applying a collegial, consultative, and diplomatic management style that respects and facilitates interdisciplinary cooperation.
- Understanding of cultural differences and ability to accommodate different perspectives.
Interested candidates possessing the required experience and qualifications are invited to apply by submitting a comprehensive curriculum vitae along with a covering letter.
Education, Qualifications and Experience
- A terminal academic degree and terminal professional qualification from an internationally recognized, research-intensive University.
- A PhD in Agricultural Sciences, Food Sciences or Veterinary Sciences and professional qualifications expected of an executive-level academic appointment that will command respect and credibility, as well as with the University’s stakeholder community, key government ministries and employers.
- Current or previous appointment at Full Professor level.
- At least 5 years of senior academic leadership experience at department or faculty/college level, or higher.
- Experience in effective management of a large staff complement and complex budgets.
- Experience with leadership in strategic planning, budgeting, change management, academic collaborations, and collegial shared governance.
- Experience in designing and working with traditional, problem-based, integrated and hybrid models of medical education.
For any inquiries about the position please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The position will remain open until filled.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |