As a part of a diverse community of faculty and staff who represent many faith systems and worldviews, Marian University’s Ancilla College seeks qualified applicants for the Agriculture Program, for a Full-Time Non-Tenure Track faculty member to teach courses in agriculture, animal science, and soil science at our Plymouth, Indiana campus. This position reports to the Academic Dean at MUAC for curricular issues, direction in disciplinary development, and academic evaluation.
The faculty member promotes Marian University’s Catholic mission and identity by contributing to the ongoing development of students and wide-ranging programs at Marian University’s Ancilla College and within the Agriculture Program.
Marian University is a Catholic, comprehensive, regional institution of higher education dedicated to excellent teaching and learning in the Franciscan and liberal arts traditions and offers a multitude of undergraduate, graduate, and professional programs. Marian University has been experiencing significant growth over the last decade and is expanding its academic offerings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively engage the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values, honoring the legacy of the founding congregation, promoting unity in diversity, and integrating the Catholic Franciscan intellectual traditions in courses, programs, and services.
- Teaching load: 24 credits per academic year. (21 credit hours of teaching and 3 credits of administration).
- Share in the ongoing development and implementation of department and college activities and projects.
- Actively participate in curriculum implementation and activities of the Agriculture Program.
- Engage in scholarship and other professional development activities.
- Mentor students through advising, internships, and service learning opportunities in the community.
- Participate in the life of the campus and university service, including participation in faculty governance and co-curricular programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Administration of the program and recruitment efforts for the program. This includes program updates, advising students, training around advising and plan of study updates and changes, developing individual capstone projects/work.
- Develop partnerships with transfer colleges/schools.
- Develop relationships with agricultural businesses and organizations to foster internship/capstone experience and donor relations.
- Maintain alumni relations and social media platforms used for alumni and for recruitment