This position will work in the Chambers County Extension Office in LaFayette, AL.
This is a one-year limited-term position. Continued employment is based on the continuation of extramural funding and is subject to renewal on an annual basis. Funding for this program has been continuous for over 50 years.
The Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program (EFNEP) is a federally funded nutrition education program that uses a peer educator model to teach families, youth, and pregnant women with limited incomes. EFNEP programming includes basic nutrition and cooking, food safety, food resource management, food security, and physical activity.
The Alabama Cooperative Extension EFNEP Agent Assistant will work in and serve clients in Chambers County. The Agent Assistant has the opportunity to positively impact the health of local communities by conducting nutrition education programs with limited-resource participants in a group or one-on-one setting, including at schools, social services, community agencies, and more. This position will serve youth, families, and pregnant women.
7 Reasons You’ll Love Being an EFNEP Agent Assistant at ACES - Auburn:
- Growth! Opportunities for personal and professional growth including eLearning, mentors and conferences.
- Competitive retirement plan and benefits.
- Generous leave (including two weeks off during the holidays!)
- Fun, flexible & diverse work environment. Every day is different!
- Auburn University tuition assistance for yourself and dependents.
- Job Satisfaction! Be a part of life-changing work in your communities!
- Supportive leadership & peers. The ACES team supports you and your work!
The Alabama Cooperative Extension System is the outreach organization for the land grant mission of Alabama A&M University and Auburn University. Its educational programs grow from these two land grant university campuses to serve the people of Alabama. Science-based educational programs are delivered that enable people to improve their quality of life and economic well-being. Information and programs are available online or in person through all 67 County Extension Offices and at teaching sites throughout Alabama communities. For more information, please see https://www.aces.edu/