University of Idaho
Col of Agricultural & Life Sciences
$57,259 annually or higher depending on experience
Oversee daily operations at the Parma Research and Extension Center; manage budgets and expenditures through supervision of financial technicians and administrative staff, manage farm operations staff activity, hire and train staff and evaluate performance. Oversee operation and maintenance of equipment and buildings.
- Education and Experience: Bachelors degree and at least four years related experience in agronomy or a related field.
- Experience and demonstrated ability: managing personnel, facilities, and budgets in an agricultural crops operation.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal skills in communications with employees, supervisors, and the general public.
- Ability to work well with co-workers.
- Ability to: use a computer and associated programs (Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, email and internet). Familiarity with farm management software.
- Pesticide applicators license or ability to obtain license within 6 months of hire.
- Must have a valid drivers license and be able to successfully pass a drivers record check.
- Masters degree in agriculture or related discipline and at least two years related experience in agronomy or a related field.
- Experience with irrigated agriculture.
- Knowledge of operations and maintenance of farm equipment.
- Knowledge of farm and industrial safety issues and the ability to provide safety training.
- Familiarity with agricultural research.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Ability to lift, carry, or otherwise move up to 40 lbs. Duties may be performed in inclement weather.
Open Until Filled:
First consideration will be given to those who apply by February 14, 2019. The position will remain open until suitable applicant is identified.
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.