POSTDOC IN FOOD SAFETY AND MOLECULAR BIOLOGY – under the supervision of Dr. Valentina Trinetta – Kansas State University
PREFERENCE: Candidates with molecular biology or microbiology experimental experiences as there will be wet lab screening work and whole genome sequencing are preferable.
- Characterization and analysis of Listeria monocytogenes and Salmonella enterica isolates.
- Identification of disinfectant-resistance, antibiotic-resistance and metal-resistance isolates including sequencing and phenotypic characterization.
- Involving in developing and verification of bioinformatics tool for food industrial users to predict resistance and gene expression in genome.
- Communicate research results by presenting data at project meetings, international conferences, and write manuscripts for publication.
- Collaboration includes active participation in national and international meetings and conferences, sharing of data and results, contribution to joint publications.
PhD degree in Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Food Microbiology or a similar degree is preferred.
For more information and to apply for this position please visit: