Assistant Teaching Professor - Agricultural Economics
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
The Department of Economics in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences at Iowa State University in Ames, Iowa seeks to fill a term faculty position at the rank of Assistant Teaching Professor. The successful candidate will teach courses in our Agricultural Business and Economics programs as well as contributing to pedagogical and curricular innovation in the department. Opportunities to participate in undergraduate advising, recruitment and retention are possible. The position is at least 75% teaching, with up to 25% of effort devoted to research and departmental service. The successful candidate will be appointed for a three-year term with potential for renewal.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- S. in Economics, Agricultural Economics or related field
- D. in Economics, Agricultural Economics or related field
- Demonstrated interest in economic education and/or agribusiness education
- Research/Teaching experience in agribusiness and food industry management, agricultural finance, agricultural markets, or related topics
- Demonstrated potential for accomplishment in college teaching
- Demonstrated commitment to promoting diversity and inclusion as described in a statement of diversity and inclusion efforts
Department/Program & College Description:
The Department of Economics, with approximately 40 faculty, has a long tradition of excellence in education, research, and engagement with the community. Our undergraduate program is the academic home to more than 500 students in three different majors. Our graduate program offers M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in economics and agricultural economics, and places graduates in vital positions in academia, government, and industry throughout the world. Faculty research covers a broad spectrum ranging from theoretical analyses to applied policy studies, and increasingly including multidisciplinary work conducted in collaboration with experts in many other fields.
The Department of Economics and the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences promote an environment of inclusive excellence where all individuals have the opportunity to succeed, professionally and personally. We are committed to recruit and retain diverse faculty, staff, and students, and support several initiatives to enhance diversity, equity, inclusion and work-life balance.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. However, to receive full consideration, applications should be received by 1/31/2023. All interested, qualified persons must apply for this position online at jobs.iastate.edu to Job Requisition Number: R10490.
To apply for this position, please click on “Apply” and complete the Employment Application. Please be prepared to enter or attach the following in PDF Format:
1) Letter of Application that briefly discusses how you meet each of the preferred qualifications.
2) Curriculum Vitae
3) Contact Information Including Email Addresses for Three Referees to Provide Letters of Recommendation
4) Additional Supporting Material (combined in a single document):
(a) Statement of Teaching Interests and Philosophy
(b) Statement of Diversity and Inclusion Efforts
(c) Teaching evaluations (if available)
(d) Graduate Course Transcript(s)
5) One or More Research Papers