Postdoctoral Research Associate
Plant Genomics and Bioinformatics
The Texas A&M AgriLife Research Center in Dallas is seeking a creative and energetic postdoctoral research associate with a strong background in plant genomics and bioinformatics to form a multidisciplinary team to discover the molecular basis of plant tolerance to abiotic and biotic stresses. The project involves genome and transcriptome sequencing, NGS analyses, and comparative genomics analyses.
Responsibilities will include independent research in the analysis of next generation sequencing data, complex trait dissection and prediction, and training scientists and students. The position will involve close collaboration with a dynamic team of plant geneticists, physiologists, and molecular biologists.
Specific Job Duties include:
- Design and execute experiments based on project objectives.
- Develop new and adapt existing methodologies.
- Communicate regularly and work with other researchers on this project in order to facilitate progress toward program goals.
- Ability to work carefully but efficiently in order to meet project goals in a timely manner.
- Manage large-scale sequencing data.
- Publish research results in peer-reviewed journals.
- Presentation of research results to internal groups and at large national and international meetings.
- Assisting in writing project reports.
- A Ph. D in Plant Biology, Genetics, Molecular Biology or related field;
- Programming skills (R/Java/Python) and working knowledge of RNA-Seq analysis, genome-wide association studies, and comparative genomics studies;
- Demonstrated analytical skills sufficient to troubleshoot and data analysis problems and make recommendations;
- Strong organizational and record-keeping skills;
- Effective oral and written communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in parallel while working on multiple projects.
- Experience in NGS analyses, RNA-Seq analyses, and comparative genomics;
- Experience in bioinformatics;
- Experience in comparative genomics analyses.
The initial appointment is for two years and continuation is dependent upon satisfactory performance and fund availability.
Applicants who meet all the required qualifications should send the following materials in a single pdf file by email to Qingyi Yu (email@example.com) with postdoc application in the Subject line: (1) curriculum vita, (2) a letter describing research interests and experience, (3) a recent research paper, and (4) names and contact information for three references.