This position will work in Butler & Lowndes Counties with the main office location in Butler County Extension Office in Greenville, AL. *Office space available in Lowndes as well.
This is a one-year limited-term position. Continued employment is based on the continuation of extramural funding and is subject to renewal on an annual basis. Funding for this program has been continuous for over 50 years.
The Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program (EFNEP) is a federally funded nutrition education program that uses a peer educator model to teach families, youth, and pregnant women with limited incomes. EFNEP programming includes basic nutrition and cooking, food safety, food resource management, food security, and physical activity.
The Alabama Cooperative Extension EFNEP Agent Assistant will work in and serve clients in Butler & Lowndes counties. The Agent Assistant has the opportunity to positively impact the health of local communities by conducting nutrition education programs with limited-resource participants in a group or one-on-one setting, including at schools, social services, community agencies, and more. This position will serve youth, families, and pregnant women.
7 Reasons You’ll Love Being an EFNEP Agent Assistant at ACES - Auburn:
- Growth! Opportunities for personal and professional growth including eLearning, mentors and conferences.
- Competitive retirement plan and benefits.
- Generous leave (including two weeks off during the holidays!)
- Fun, flexible & diverse work environment. Every day is different!
- Auburn University tuition assistance for yourself and dependents.
- Job Satisfaction! Be a part of life-changing work in your communities!
- Supportive leadership & peers. The ACES team supports you and your work!