4-H Regional Extension Agent - Colbert County
Make an impact in the lives of Alabama youth!
Who we are:
The Alabama Cooperative Extension System is the outreach organization for the land grant mission of Auburn University and Alabama A&M University. Our educational programs grow from these two land grant university campuses to serve the people of Alabama. We deliver science-based educational programs that enable people to improve their quality of life and economic well-being. Our information and programs are available online or in person in all 67 County Extension Offices and at teaching sites throughout Alabama communities.
Who we’re looking for:
We are seeking a servant leader that has a passion for working with youth in Colbert County! As a 4-H Regional Extension Agent (4-H REA), this position provides the opportunity to do something new every day — our 4-H REAs work with animals, outdoors, STEM, gardening, cooking and everything in between. Must be willing to work as part of team and serve a diverse population. We expect all of our employees to uphold the following values: service excellence, team, inclusiveness, accountability and integrity.
Perks & Benefits:
This position allows for the opportunity to work autonomously and in a variety of locations throughout the counties as well as some travel. This position will be an employee of Auburn University.
Auburn University was named by Forbes Magazine as one of the state of Alabama’s best employers, with employees staying an average of ten years. Employees enjoy competitive benefits that include top-notch health insurance, generous retirement plans, tuition assistance for employees and dependents, flexible spending accounts and more!
Learn more about Auburn’s impact and generous employee benefits by visiting aub.ie/working-at-auburn.
Auburn University is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Visit www.auburn.edu/inclusion to learn more about our commitment to expanding equity and inclusion for all.
Location: This position will be housed in the Colbert County Extension Office in Tuscumbia, Alabama
PURPOSE OF POSITION: The purposes of the 4-H Foundation Regional Extension Agent position are to 1) provide leadership, direction, organization, and implementation of a broad based county 4-H program; 2) provide experiential learning opportunities for youth to improve knowledge, develop leadership skills and abilities, gain independence, and engage in personal growth and development in preparing for a positive role in society; and 3) work collaboratively with the County 4-H Teams, other Regional Extension Agents, and State 4-H Team to support county 4-H objectives.
RELATIONSHIPS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The 4-H Foundation Regional Extension Agent is a member of the County 4-H Teams in the assigned county (along with the County Extension Coordinator, County Extension Agent, Agent Assistant, and Administrative Support staff) with each team member carrying out specific roles and responsibilities. Each Team’s common purpose is to grow and sustain the county 4-H program in five areas of excellence:
• Forming a unified Alabama 4-H team and program
• Utilizing consistent research-based curriculum resources
• Diversifying delivery modes tailored to today’s youth
• Promoting plan-of-work development and teamwork at all levels
• Aligning staff and position assignments to support program resources and delivery modes
In assigned county, specific 4-H Foundation Agent responsibilities include:
• Provide leadership to development of an annual county 4-H strategic plan that includes a youth demographic report, determines delivery mode application, and sets goals.
• Provide leadership to develop and implement a county annual program plan-of-work that ensures youth ages 9 to 18 have access to 4-H programming through a balance of delivery modes and curricula supported by State 4-H Office.
• Leverage resources by providing leadership and coordination for 4-H volunteer development, including recruitment, selection, orientation, and training.
• Responsible to County 4-H Team for providing expertise and leadership regarding policies, decisions, and directions of county 4-H program in alignment with ACES and Auburn University guidelines and policies.
• Provide leadership to County 4-H Youth Council. Has shared responsibility for County 4-H Advisory Committee with County Extension Coordinator.
• Maintain effective communication and develop networks and partnerships with ACES personnel, and local agencies and organizations to enhance program delivery and evaluation.
• Maintain professional competence through study, participation in professional activities, and the application of knowledge and skills on the job. Provide training to County 4-H Team members and volunteers.
•Identify and pursue resources to enhance local programs; work with County 4-H Teams to attract and use such resources and manage budgets in an appropriate manner.
• Assure compliance with civil rights and affirmative action policies related to serving underserved and underrepresented audiences.
• Evaluates and reports program impacts of at least two programs annually.