Kansas State University seeks applications for the Associate Dean for Academic Programs in Agriculture. The College of Agriculture has been leading the way in agriculture, food, and natural resources since 1863, providing a home for agriculture students from across the globe. With more than 2,500 undergraduate students in 16 majors, 200 teaching faculty, and >98% career placement, our students are prepared to be the next generation of agriculture leaders through engagement in the classroom, hands-on learning, and student leadership.
As the primary administrator for academic programs, reporting directly to the Dean and Director, you will create an ambitious, shared vision among students, faculty, administration, and stakeholders that is forward-looking, while building on the rich history of strong undergraduate education in agriculture at our land-grant institution. You will advocate for and facilitate the development of innovative programs and activities that support undergraduate student recruitment, teaching and learning, and retention in agriculture through world-class experiences for students that are aligned with the values of the College and University.
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Provide leadership for all instructional program functions, which include recruitment, retention, curriculum design and delivery, program assessment, advising, scholarships, international experiences, and distance learning alliances.
- Advocate for Agriculture academic programs within the College, University, Foundation and stakeholders.
- Manage all fiscal, human and physical resources in the Ag Academic Programs Office.
- Facilitate an environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and collegiality in collaboration with the College of Agriculture’s Diversity Programs Office.
- Work with the Associate Dean for International Programs on international academic experiences for undergraduate and graduate students, including, but not limited to study abroad experiences.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Ph.D. in agriculture or agriculture-related field with tenurable academic qualifications
- Demonstrated leadership in setting a shared programmatic vision, its communication, and execution
- Previous success advocating for Agriculture and academic programs with students, faculty, administration, and/or stakeholders
- Successful experience in fiscal management and coordination of human resources, academic and service programs
- Evidence of support for outstanding teaching scholarship of teaching and learning, and advising
- Demonstrated commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity and inclusion
- Evidence of a cooperative and accountable administrative style
- Experience in a land-grant university system
- Previous experience as a program chair, leadership/academic unit coordinator, or equivalent
- Record of meritorious achievement equivalent to full professor
- Successful student recruitment, retention, and placement efforts
- Experience with information delivery through various technologies
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment.
Review of applications begin November 15, 2019 and will continue until the position is filled.
Applicants are to apply via electronic application system (PageUp) using the following link:
Applicants are requested to submit a cover letter with qualifications to submit a cover letter with qualifications; a vision statement for Academic Programs at Kansas State University; curriculum vitae, and the names, addresses and phone/email for five (5) professional references.
Application queries or nominations:
Nominations of outstanding potential candidates for the position are welcomed. Nominations and inquiries about the position should be directed to Dr. Allen Featherstone, Chair, Associate Dean of Academic Programs Search at 785-532-4441 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Check on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.